Thread: Carlisle
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 20:34
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWBKCB,

KLM operate to/from LPL?

goatface,

One doesn't establish these things until one enquires! Air UK had a codeshare with KLM long before they became 100% owned by KLM, Northwest and, I think, United have codeshares with KLM, Lithuanian, Maersk, Malev, Ukraine Intl etc. all have codeshares with them.

The danger might be that were a CAX operator been seen to be treading on the toes of such an operator then that operator might make life difficult for them, such as a UK operator (I've already mentioned in this post) did to a LBA based G1 & SD360 operator that put their noses out of joint back in the 80's, but by suggesting a codeshare is making a statement that 'we' want to work with you and not in opposition to you.

If a pax wants to travel, long distance, from NCL then they have a networks choice, aside from KLM, of the national carriers of France, Belgium, UAE, Germany, Scandinavia, the worlds favourite (not in my book they ain't) airline but if a CAX based operator went in to a codeshare solely with one operator then, long distance, that one operator would have sole monopoly of CAX to increase revenues, not on the UK to AMS or wherever route, but on the connecting routes out of their hub whether that hub be AMS, FRA, CPH, BRU, CDG or wherever.

I don't believe, on price, a CAX operator could compete, there's only so many pax whose ultimate destination is one of those close continent airports already mentioned, without such a codeshare agreement!