PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Navigation impossible?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 10:23
JONESING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done Victa!
I thought flying was all about circuits........then i had to learn how to use a pencil as well.
On the first Nav, my instructor really did most of the work. Pointed here, made suggestions there, prompted everywhere. It went well. Second, Third, Fourth navs he was MUCH less helpful. I was so behind the a/c, i thought it left me in the crapper at Essendon. I also wondered a few times, if it could be done.
It does get easier, it's just a steep learning curve.
It helps to set your own standards. If you are hard on yourself( within reason) on your solo navs, you will probably find it easier to please yor over-seer on your dual exercises, which in turn gives you more self-confidence. Training a/c, i reckon are a very tiring environment to learn in. You are already under stress, from planning the flight, they smell, they are noisy and bumpy, have a mind of their own, and are either too hot or too cold. So many times i've dripped out of a cessna, totally *****ed after only a couple of hours........... It made me wonder how people work 6 or 8 hours a day in the things.
Anyway Victa, stick with it as the hard things are always the worthwile ones. You'll be over the moon when you get it sussed and pass your test

P.s even the C.F.I messes up a radio call occasionally!

Last edited by JONESING; 24th May 2002 at 10:27.