PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Jul 2009, 14:28
Hotel Mode
Junior trash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to think that, in the present circumstances, the crew would waive their right to this agreement. Did anyone ask them?
They arent allowed to. Even if they did BASSA threaten them with fines and "naming and shaming" if industrial agreements are used flexibly.

Please read this thread and the ones that precede it. You really dont appear to have any idea how BASSA effectivly controls large parts of BAs operational flexibility.

(A couple of years ago, it was the Baggage/Loading teams who were in for a lambasting.)
And I seem to remember it was thoroughly deserved at the time. Their performance was abysmal, they stuck to every agreement to the letter and were in a large part responsible for our then horrific operational performance. Compared with now it was like working for a different airline.

As British Airways workers, we should unite and back each other up.
Why should the rest of the company continue to support the aspirations of a union that hasn't made any progress towards the 21st century? Everyone else has had their major changes over the last 8 years. I'd assume we all want the airline to have a viable future, it doesnt right now.

Last edited by Hotel Mode; 11th Jul 2009 at 14:40.