PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Jul 2009, 13:57
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phoenix Evacuation

Five crew rostered for a single sector European flight at the start of a 3 day tour. The flight was delayed by 3 hours and arrived at 2355Z. This meant because of post flight duties it became a night duty.
The crew were then given 30 hrs off on full allowances and position home as passengers.
I would like to think that, in the present circumstances, the crew would waive their right to this agreement. Did anyone ask them?

The prompt and correct evacuation of our B747 aircraft at Phoenix has reminded me of the reason Briisah Airways cabin crew are arguably the best in the world and deserve their jobs.

All of us work for British Airways - we should support each other and stop this endless inter-departmental bickering and ganging up on certain sections. (A couple of years ago, it was the Baggage/Loading teams who were in for a lambasting.)

We are all the face of British Airways and I refuse to stand idly by and see us all go down the tiolet. If the Cabin Crew do still have a good deal, good luck to them! Their union hasn't caved in like the rest of us!

There is evidence that Waterworld staff have been bullied into agreeing to work for nothing - being threatened with their names being added to a "hit list" and, when it's contract renewal time - "Goodnight Vienna!" What man or woman with family commitments is going to risk being thrown out of work? Whether these people are managers or staff, they deserve our help.

As British Airways workers, we should unite and back each other up.