PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2009, 12:51
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ vexed, The 'ballot' RSS refers to has no legal standing AFAIK. The ballot for recognition must be simultaneous across the UK and run under the auspices of an independent organisation such as the Electoral Reform Society, this would normally happen via a mailout to all registered BALPA members within the company. I believe that either side may enclose a short statement supporting their case within the mail shot. All votes will be counted immediately following closure of the deadline by that independent body and it shall be a secret ballot therefor it will be impossible to determine the REAL strength of feeling at an individual base. It is up to each individual as to whether they wish to disclose how they voted and I suspect that those that do may not be telling the truth in order that back stabbers and company spivs do not grass them up. Nor would I rule out the opposite type of lie ie anti BALPA snake actually voting for because they can see the way the wind blows.
As another poster has said, the results that RSS is wallowing in are null and void and may be hugely skewed from the actual eventual outcome.
As a union person myself (Unison steward, RSS is sure to jump on that one) I hope RSS gets to write the statement for FR's anti stance, should be better than the Beano.