PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 11th Jul 2009, 01:52
USFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been browsing this thread since it started.

I don't work for BA, I don't even work in the UK, I work for AnAother airline.

While none of this is anything to do with me directly I felt I had to sign up to post to anti pilot comments, especially the one that said words to the effect that they wouldn't trust them to wash their car! Seriously? You seriously think that? Then what the hell are you doing the job for? I work with a number of pilots that I don't like on a personal level. I see their name on the crew list and sigh but would I trust them with my life? Damn straight I would. Most of them don't come from priviledged backgrounds and serve in the military or go into debt and work crappy jobs flying regional jets for next to nothing before they can get hired at a company like mine or BA. I agree that the pilots should stay out of it when you're at work but remember you taking strike action can drag the whole company down. What you do effects all of them.

At my airline we've taken a large hit. We've made huge sacrifices to keep the company going. I've been with my airline 11 years and I'm still not a line holder. I'm still on reserve with a roster that would make you weep. Do I have to put up with it? No. I can leave and get another non flying job but I do the job because I love it. And guess what? It's the easiest job I've ever done and I come from a nursing background. We're not rocket scientists, we're not EMTs, we walk around asking if people want chicken or beef and if it all goes wrong we (hopefully) remember our training and evacuate the plane.

As for CSD's not working? Give me a break. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

I think you all need to take a long hard look at your terms and conditions and what's being offered and get a reality check!