PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 10th Jul 2009, 17:32
Da Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From BASSA

So you will see, if no agreement is reached in ANY of the other areas then their deal will be off and all those thousands of shares they were promised, will not be going their way!

In BASSA we have always endorsed and promoted positive CRM, as we know this is a vital part of how we and the pilots need to work in a safety critical environment and so these unwarranted comments will, and are, starting to damage this excellent process that has been developed over the past few years.

We have complained to British Airways about this and have handed over reports to them as we feel this is totally unacceptable & bordering on, in some cases, bullying.

We have been told that flight crew management will be sending an email out via ESS to all flight crew reminding them of good CRM.
We hope that this will now stop those certain individuals who believe they have the right to lecture and preach to you about something that has no relevance as to their role as a Captain or First officer.

However as there will probably still be those that still think they have a "god" like status and are immune to any instructions and may continue to berate you, politely tell them that it’s not up for discussion and isn’t conducive to positive CRM.

If they continue please contact BASSA immediately with their name and we will have to warn other crew about these individuals. Everyone is under stress and pressure during this period of negotiations and the last thing you need is more being added to it from colleagues that are supposed to support & work with you.

I'm still drunk with laughter, what a great way to start a Friday Night

Can't wait for my 1000s of shares, go BASSA, upset the deal, please, then I don't have to take a pay cut, I don't have to work extra, and I don't have to do 3 man HKG this winter, please save me.......................

Still no ESS from the Chief Pilot, in fact I think BA positively revel in all this

They love the "upset" that it causes, infact BASSA they positively want us to engage Cabin Crew, so keep the reports coming