PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 10th Jul 2009, 13:45
Nearly There

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly we're in this for the long haul and it will have a devastating effect on aviation for years to come...
Quite true yet still there are people out there wanting to saddle themselves with huge debts and be tied into a contract with investors, just to rush and join the ranks of unemployed pilots! A recent advert on Angel Investment Network:

I am currently a student at *********** UK, I I have passed numerous assessments and currently hold a Private pilots license. However I am only 2 months into my course and have been told by Barclays bank that they will no longer fund it.
(There not funding it, you are with debt)

There is alot of security, in the way of life insurance, loss of medical license, loss of flying license insurance, as well as a skills protection plan, which states that if i fail due to lack of ability they will repay the full course costs.

I have done extremely well in my first set of exams. Upon completion of the course I am a fully qualified airline pilot. My family has invested the additional 29,000 required to complete the course, I simply need a corporate sponsor or investor that can lona the short fall of £37,200. This can be repayed within 5 years with a negotiable interest rate.The starting salaries are around £28,000+ benefits, and can expect around 71,000 after 5 years.

This is the best aviation training school in the world, I hope that an investor will be able to invest in me, to allow me to finish this training and enter a very skilled profession, with good stability and highly payed salaries to pay back the loan plus interest.

Thank you very much for your time
REQUIRED AMOUNT: £37,200
MINIMUM INVESTMENT AMOUNT: £10,000
INVESTMENT REASON: Other
Any takers?
What can I say, sand check, head check, bury head check......