PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 11:46
low'n'fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a quick update on my situation-

I failed the lanterns in 2003. Partly through not understanding the testing procedure and partly through nerves in that I sometimes failed the plates, so might have had a problem passing. I was issued a restricted Class 1.

This year I required a Class 2. So, I wrote to the CAA earlier this year when I required to renew my Class 2 and decided to try and get a Class 1 again by retaking the CVD tests. I quoted the Chapter 13 - Aviation Ophthalmology document that states "The lantern-tests may be retaken after 6 months" in my letter. My case coupled with a 2nd opinion that suggested I could pass the tests and have waited over 5 years to come to this conclusion seemed to work and the CAA said I could retake the tests on this occasion. They did state however that this 6month retake will be removed in the future.

On my renewal I got 1 plate wrong, but corrected myself on it, however it was deemed I still needed to take the lanterns (quite sensible really). I then passed the Beynes on the first attempt and having read the test procedure before the examination found it very easy.

I now have a full Class 1 and now just need to decide what to do with it after pursuing a successful non-aviation career over the last 5 years....

Keep at it!