PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 corrosion/"stoppo motors" merged threads
Old 10th Jul 2009, 09:51
Jackboot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty

Hi all,

I dont know what you are talking about.

When my 11 month old R44 started corroding - tail boom, empennage, tanks etc - they immediately shipped new replacement parts. They even applied the registration letters to it. Further, they put a £2k credit on my account in order that I could hire a machine while mine was down. I was up and running again in 7 days.

And then I woke up........

Comlete denial of responsibility, 'we cannot warrant against corrosion due to the vagiaries of the UK environment' etc. etc.

The vagiaries of the UK environment were restricted to the conditions inside my airconditioned hangar - it never got wet.

It cost me a busting load of money and several weeks down-time.

The best they offered - no acceptance of liability of course - was for me to ship the bits over at my expense for repair. I took the quicker. lower-cost option and had it done in the UK. They did offer to supply the paint...

Its a great aircraft despite. However, I think its important for any potential customers to know exactly what level of support they can expect from the factory.

In this way, their attitiude to complaints from unsuspecting punters - probably used to a loaner and top class service from their local car dealer irrespective of model - wont stress them out too much.

Later...

JB