PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS-717s ?
Thread: NJS-717s ?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2002, 02:49
CAPT146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO NJS is here to stay. Its too big now over 200 pilots and 300 floght attendants. Its a big organisation and has made alot of money for QANTAS, QF managment like dealing with them as they have that "yes Sir", " whatever you say sir", nothing s to much trouble attitude( read bum licking). But who can knock them they are not perfect but who is. And as they like to point out they have never laid off anyone of in 12 years. Show me another "contractor" who can boast that. QF need them and they need QF.

I am very upset for the Southern guys but what could be done. The 146 operation was not cost effective (only 3 aircraft). All major maintenance was done by NJS and all the A/C were on NJS's AOC. I know SAA is a great organisation and everone there worked very hard to make it work, but lets be realistic it was only ever set up as insurance against NJS going bad. In the end it was simple economics that ended it all. Not so simple for all there great employees, the whole intergration thing has not been thought out at all from the personel point of view. IMO I still think that 90% of people will still be found work in the QFlink network. What the final picture will look like is anyones guess!