PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Jul 2009, 23:40
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poof In Boots
...If he has any sense he will not look a gift horse in the mouth and accept the BASSA proposals, which in my opinion have already given too much away. If he pushes his luck, then there will be a strike. It is not inevitable....
Poof In Boots,

Exactly who is the BASSA proposal a gift horse for?

I've yet to see any detailed analysis from BASSA to explain how their projected savings are possible. Until then, I can't see how such savings can be possible from the proposal, therefore, I fail to believe that it is a gift horse for BA.

It certainly isn't for LGW! BASSA have very kindly proposed a 2.6% pay cut, despite BA not requesting a salary cut, just a freeze. Who is this going to effect? Those at LHR, especially the ones on the highest allowances from the being able to pick and choose their trips? Or those of us at LGW, with our hourly pay and minimum allowances? And BASSA have also been very generous when it comes to giving up our second purser on the 777 too. Admittedly, they agreed to the same at LHR but, if memory serves me correctly, that won't bring it quite into line with our one, unless the proposal has changed while I was away. Fair enough, we get to keep 2 pursers on the 4 class routes. All 2 off them! The real kick in the teeth there was when some of us raised our concerns regarding the proposal on the BA ESS Forum. We were told we must "share" the pain. Damn! If I'd known that nearly 4 years ago, we could have "shared" our pain with you then.

To be fair, BASSA have agreed to give up the telephone allowance. How much is that, by the way? We've been given a fair idea of the other allowance payments from previous posters, but why can I not get away from the idea that the telephone allowance is probably, if not the smallest, then pretty close to it!

From what I can tell, the disruption agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on, as it has so many sub-clauses to it that it becomes pointless. OK, you'll agree not to insist on 2 nights local rest, but only if the diversion is within the UK. What if you divert to somewhere like Bordeaux, a mere 1 hr 10 minutes flight time. (And that's on a 737.) Will you still insist on your 2 nights?

The other things in the proposal appear to be paying lip service, although, I admit being horribly tired at the moment, so may have missed some major saving in there somewhere.

But please enlighten me. Who is this proposal a gift horse for?

Jsl