PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Jul 2009, 23:00
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently on the Worldwide fleet at LHR ... I'm not a BASSA member, although I was once - until I tired of their childish attitude towards everyone else but themselves.

I've read the MOA/Proposal for crew at LHR and there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about it at all (obviously details on the monthly fixed payment are to be arranged).

I am very glad to see that the CSDs will be part of the service routine - to their credit, many CSDs already grab a trolley and get on with it, but many others do very little other than push buttons in the office, raid the First class galley for food and read the Daily Mail ... enough is enough ...

I will be sad to see the end of 2 nights off in LAX, SFO and so on, as well as the reduction in crewmembers but to heck with it .... the company is in DIRE straits (FACT) so let's pull our fingers out from behind and bite the bullet.

To be honest, I can't wait for the company to just shove the MOA under everyone's nose - sign it, or leave .... the rest of us (not many, sadly) can then get on with getting the company back to where it should be, and those with no sense will have left, or come to their senses.

Striking is UTTER MADNESS given the reasonable conditions being offered, and the state of the finances. Hopefully the company will stop such madness through a Court Order (I'm sure it's all been planned in any case ...)

Sorry to say I'm disappointed in the attitude of many of my colleagues; fortunately some CSDs and other crew have a better grip on reality ...

BASSA = Old Boys Network .... the simple truth.

They are not protecting crew, they are simply leading them very slowly towards the edge of the cliff .... sad. Glad I left ....