PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2009, 20:01
hammerb32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Factually none of those incursions resulted in destruction of an aircraft...I would say THATS A HUGE POINT..

BHX are the only airport to lose an aircraft in such circumstances, when other airports fail as well to look after the aircraft they will also be under scrutiny. So in my honest opinion BHX do have questions to answer, but they will reply " we meet minimum security requirements" I refer to my previous post.
Untill those requirements are improved BHX and other airports will continue as they are.'

Volrider,

Your missing my point a little, an incursion of an international airport is always serious, howevr we've had mass incursions at Heathrow, Stansted and Manchester in daylight hours when in theory security should be at its maximum. What we're talking about here is a night time incursion to a near deserted part of an airport by presumably 1 or maybe 2 people in the dark. I would suggest a daylight mass incursion is far more significant in terms or risk and potential outcome then the incursion at BHX.