PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Jul 2009, 13:28
Poof in Boots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Gg if you were able to absorb what BA's proposals are, that they have made no committment to what the compensation they are offering is likely to be. How do you know there were no calls for strike action at Kempton Park if you were not there?

There is not huge sickness on Indian routes or SEA/YVR etc. Sickness is managed in BA under EG 301 and if crew repeatedly go sick on certain routes, weekends, Wimbledon, Cup Final etc it would be picked up

In reality there is little likelihood of there being a strike. Apart from a few mavericks lurking here on this thread, the cabin crew community are rock solid and Walsh will impose changes to our contracts at his peril. Only then will a ballot for a strike be issued. So it is up to Mr Walsh.

If he has any sense he will not look a gift horse in the mouth and accept the BASSA proposals, which in my opinion have already given too much away. If he pushes his luck, then there will be a strike. It is not inevitable.

The New Fleet was always a spoof. It is too difficult to achieve.