PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfield recommendation Marseille aerea
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2009, 13:27
LH2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to maintain 1 hour of remaining fuel because I will be in a unknow area for me
In that case, LFMQ or LFMA (or even LFTF) are probably right, although I've never visited any of them, but everything else in the immediate vicinity is either big and commercial, military, or otherwise restricted (e.g., La Mole).

If I might suggest though, I would still make a quick stop in Fayence or Cannes to top up your fuel before you venture into Italy. Double check AVGAS availability for your planned stops in Italy, and try to land with at least a 1.5hr reserve in case the supposedly available fuel has vanished by the time you get there. The price will also be a lot steeper (more than twice what you pay in Spain), hence my comment about topping up as close to Italy as you can.

Btw, for flight planning in France you can use the OLIVIA terminals which will also give you the relevant NOTAMs and weather for your route (also accessible online at OLIVIA), or do it by phoning the region's BRIA (bureau régional d'information aéronautique). They are most helpful and will also assist if you are stuck in a foreign third-world country (such as Austria, in my experience ).

Hope this helps.