PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Jul 2009, 13:16
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still wondering what certain crew are going to strike over?

NewFleet has been scrapped, so that's a no-go

Do you want to try and strike over working harder, ie losing a couple of crew on each aircraft? Good luck to you on that one, as it will bring LHR crewing levels to the same as LGW and we manage pretty well, thank you.

On the topic of the Fixed Monthly Payment, I know Bassa has suggested it would be £300 (ish) per month per cc. Not true. What the company is doing, is taking the costs of all variable pay (box/destination etc) for all crew for a whole year (January to December 08) and then dividing it amongst all the crew. Basically, you won't lose out, but have better stability in regards to your payslip every month. Also, this would avoid the huge sickness figures for routes such as the Indian routes and Vancouver.

You would also keep your meal allowances as they are. Surely not a bad thing? (Yes I know you don't trust anything management says...)

There were no calls for strike action on the Kempton Park meeting. So why are people still talking about IA?

There are no plans of cutting current cc's wages. We will have to work harder, but get the same-ish money. It is the new recruits (whenever that happens) that will have (yet another) different contract. I'm sure they'll be very happy to know that Bassa suggested this in the first place and were not concerned as to the New recruits at all, but then again, what's new?

Gg