PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R.T.F.P......please.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2009, 23:21
ATCO Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter

Those that know me will testify that 99.99% of the time I will bend over backwards to provide the best service available - I'm often on the other end.

BUT....in the scenario stated it was the (sometimes seen) it's only me in the sky attitude of said individual (late call and non adherence to airport procedures and more) which created a scenario that was pretty much a fait accomplis to safety being compromised. Yes, I could have let him wing it into the busy circuit but I work as a team with my TWR controller and I would not do that to him/her.

As to this
I'm afraid this attitude, complete with finger-wagging emoticon, typifies everything that is wrong with GA in the UK
I rather see it as this - ensuring safety within the aerodrome is maintained at all times EVEN when individuals attempt to 'short-cut' the system/regulations which may be of benefit to themselves but inconvenience to others. And if that means they get a then so be it....a bit of tough love is good for the soul every once in a while!

PPR/ High Viz and a plethora of other issues cited as a minor annoyance to GA.......I just don't bloody get it. There is so much effort put in to whinging or non compliance when in reality it's easier/less stress to just obey the RULES.