PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL and FI at either Tayflite or OBA??
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2009, 12:02
islasdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tatyflite/oba

this thread caught my attention purely and simply because i may be one of the few people around whos has actually done cpl training at both. I started at tayfite purely and simply cause i am scottish so it appealed to me to do it there and because i could weekend it if need be so along with a friend of mine we decided to go there together and do it. We were there for weeks on end trying to get it done and whilst the majority of the problems came from poor weather the lack of interest or drive to progress and fly when possible became a major factor. We were both not greatly impressed by the overall attitude at the school and as a result we both stopped training there and moved. He went to tayside and I went to OBA. We both subsequetly passed at the new schools first time and quickly. Whilst I have said in the past AT can be a grumpy old git at times he was an excellent instructor and gave me all the instruction and advice I needed to pass in the minmum hours and first time and the examiner was a certain moderator who has already posted on this thread. How was also excellent extremely professional whilst at the same time relaxing me and making the test enjoyable...you have my thanks for that paul...and I would certainly choose OBA next time if given the choice. 2 years later I am now in the right hand seat of a 757 and loving it.

So my advice having done both would be OBA for what its worth

ID