PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 8th Jul 2009, 10:47
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear 'CFCly'

being given the final BA proposals 24 hrs before the 30th June deadline does not make negotiation
I perfectly understand what you are alluding to however, as most things with BASSA are, that is not the whole picture.

BASSA claim they started negotiating in February. If they did so, as they claim, what were they negotiating over if BA had not given them sight of their objectives?

Add to that that BASSA claimed a BA/BASSA news blackout to enable the negotiations to continue unabated. What then was being negotiated and under what proposals if BA only gave the proposals 24 hrs before the deadline?

Why did BASSA claim that their primary negotiation principal had to be redundancy protection in the preceding 4 weeks to the 30th deadline when more applications for VR existed then CR was required? Also, why did BASSA refuse to discuss anything apart from the CR threat when VR would cover it with a better deal for those wishing to take VR (3750 ish according to BASSA)? BASSA claimed to have sight of the 'new fleet', 'new contract' requirements in those 4 weeks but refused to discuss them due to the reasons given above.

The 'proposal' that BA gave BASSA on the day prior to the 30th deadline was what BA proposed to implement if failure to reach an agreement occurred.

Time will now tell. Unfortunately I think the ACAS call is purely for BA to cross the T's and dot the I's prior to legal representation.

Hopefully I am wrong.