PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Jul 2009, 16:06
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adi

The dispute of a couple of years ago was indeed about removing a ceiling to the wages of post-1997 crew (amongst many other things). The conclusion of the dispute was that Unite overrode Bassa and concluded an agreement (for their own vicarious reasons associated with the illegal support for the previous Gate Gourmet strike, under threat by Willie Walsh). The removal of this pay ceiling was paid for by other Bassa members, despite anything that Bassa may argue.

For WW and BA, agreeing in principle to a new entrant wage with Bassa will further marginalise the very old contract Bassa CSD's/reps, and demonstrate to the courts the unsustainability of their agreements. These (supposed) guardians of all members T's & C's are in reality only looking after themselves - all you have to do is ask the Bassa membership at LGW to confirm that!

No, a new entrant rate will not save the company the required amount in the short term - it is the principle that they are establishing.

Ask yourself the question; do you think that the current impasse exists because Bassa are clever and have out thought Willie Walsh, or because WW has Bassa exactly where he wants them?

I'm sorry for my colleagues (but hope the worst for Bassa), but they are being outplayed at poker by a team that has all the hands covered against a team of part time rank amateurs.

My cabin crew colleagues (unfortunately) believe the b*ll**** hype and disinformation propogated by Bassa - they are lions being led to the slaughter by utter buffoons.