PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Jul 2009, 09:54
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But CFC, as you no doubt are aware in your role, the scheme differs between FC and CC so direct comparisons between a number of operated services are not always able to be made.

As for the heavy captain, I personally quite agree. The difference is, however, that it's perhaps one of the last vestiges of old agreements we have, whereas BASSA are only now confronting the need for change after many years of saying no to everything.

And if you think I'm just one of those nosy, whingeing flight crew I'd remind you my wife's a CSD and she's not enamoured of the militant ranty path that BASSA take, in fact she's more or less happy with a lot of BA's proposals. Trouble is, it seems to be that if you don't follow the BASSA path of enlightenment as crew, you get shot down in flames rather than engaged in any form of reasonable debate - I'd point you to some of your colleagues replies to people on the BA intranet CC forum. Distasteful and disrespectful to say the least. And, whilst I'm sure it wasn't you personally, who thinks they have the right, as an employee, to call the head of IFCE and the CEO "thieves and liars"? One of the many pearls on the BA forum which do nothing to bolster the oft repeated assertion that the premium crew are the cornerstone of this airline's success.