PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 7th Jul 2009, 09:54
DarkStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cannot compare Ryanair or EasyJet to BA as they run under totally different business models hence cost bases. Ryanair and Easy rely on expansion and new routes coupled with a very low cost base. Night stopping Ryanair or Easyjet crew anyone? Very rare.
The point I was trying to make is that RYR and EZY are still able to expand despite the current economic conditions. All their staff and contractors are paid less than BA, however as was pointed out its the fact that 'Old Contract' CC are paid a disproportionate salary against the CAA benchmark. I know a CSD who earns well over £60,000.

Look at The Times recruitment and career pages, find a position that pays £60,000+ and then compare the scope and responsibilities of the two roles .

The issue that really concerns me is the low pay of the new entrant CC. How can anyone live in the Home Counties and enjoy any quality of life.

P.S That CSD recently moved from Datchet to Sunningdale but I doubt any new entrant will be considering such a move themselves.

Last edited by DarkStar; 7th Jul 2009 at 10:07.