PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 6th Jul 2009, 22:58
nuigini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HiFlyer14

That's scary - I could have written the exact same words myself. Are we the only crew that feel like this??
I really don't hope we are the only crew who feel like this.

It's beyond me why they suggested a pay cut and pay freeze but it makes me more convinced that they copied BALPA's deal without actually reading it through what it included.

I am also scared over the fact that I fear some crew don't know the difference between the difference between BA's and BASSA's proposals. The last time we were aiming for a strike many crew didn't even know what they were voting for but still voted for it because BASSA said so.

My starter for ten is that BA want:
CSDs to work onboard
Crew complement reduced - maybe not as much as currently on the list
EF Fixed Links
Some downroute nightstops
New Contract Crew
ORP
CSD could and should be part of the service. Most airlines have their SCCM part of the service.

Crewing levels could be negotiated but it won't help by refusing it abruptly when it can be actually done at LGW. I also heard one crew member saying crewing levels shouldn't be the same as LGW is known to be the "leisure base" at BA and it requires less crew. There are some services, both domestic and international on EF, that would require more crew to complete the service. However I still think it's down to the crew and their attitude.

EF Fixed Links would improve efficiency and not leave crew sitting in the CRC for hours on their turnaround. Instead of doing a ten hour duty day with only three sectors and the vast majority of the time spent at the CRC they should squeeze in another sector. It would also take up the hours and mean less time at work.

Some destinations could still be nightstop even when the clock changes. IAH and PEK to mention a few. PHX could also be taken down to a nightstop. It would be hard work but it's all down to negotiation and if the union would show a bit of cooperativeness perhaps it wouldn't include all destinations.