PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 13:25
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stooges !!!
Anyone who knows who I am and there are many who do, will know that I have NO connection with RYR management or Training Departments.
I have met "Ash" and know many of the BRK pilots, but incase anyone considers me a Stooge, I am posting a purely impartial view as to BALPA and its relations with the airlines.
If my views don't meet with the jaundiced outlook of the "BALPA or Bust Brigade" that's just too bad for the you.
After 36+ years in this industry with many of them in BALPA and non BALPA companies, I feel that I have a right to post the facts as I see them, so as to bring some reason to the debate.
Advice is usually only taken if it conforms to the person's views receiving it.
In this case many of you will loose out, especially in the current Economic climate. More will be lost now than if this were to be resurrected in 2-3 years.
There is another UK company with similarities to the RYR - BALPA fight and in that fight it appears that BALPA just want another trophy on their shelves, and a few more 1% subscriptions into the coffers.

For those who post and are not RYR pilots, you may have good industrial relations between BALPA and Management, but this only works if the environment is one of trust, respect and co-operation.
This is obviously not going to happen in RYR.

Unless you include the WHOLE (RYR / BRK) pilot force in any vote it cannot represent the true will of a particular bases or group of bases.
The reason you wont include them is among the BALPA'ites there is a fear of a "NO" vote and 3 more years before you can try again.

Back off now and try again when the economy improves, see where BALPA leads in that time !!!.
Also if T&C's are further eroded or bases closed you can crow that "We were right".