PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 10:34
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keeprighton ( I like the title a good brummie fan) The helicopter I believe was moved when they had new offices rather than the old portacabins, the new offices are in the termianl and that landing pad was nearer.
Re the hangers well not sure what happened but as the expansion of the runway is planned then a hangar there would be right on the repositioned ILS and not useable.
Call 100 I agree that we all know security is not good but your hung up on cost, if this incident had happened to a FlyBe 195 or the Fedex ATR would cost be the implication then??? No I think that they would revise ALL security which sadly since the incident I don't think they have bothered to, which is the most annoying thing....I really hope this never happens again as there must be paperwork floating about that they cannot hide should a terrible incident take place.
They are lucky BHX as it has been quietly reported in the media, even stating it as Elmdon airport Sheldon, which we may know its the same place but joe public think its a microlight airfield or such...
Anyway thats my end line on this. Hopefully we can agree to dissagree