PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Jul 2009, 22:34
screwdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgive me for butting in. I'm not CC but I am a BA employee of 35 years. Of course not being CC doesn't seem to stop anyone else from piling in with their views on the subject..so here goes. How I see things...

The comany is screwed. It wasn't BASSA's fault but, none the less, that is where it finds itself.

I can't blame your union for trying to protect your T&Cs but , come on, this is way overdue.

I have never in my 35 years felt as insecure as I do now and that has nothing to do with the 'company ' or WW's approach . The world has changed!

My department have been engaging in the BRS to try and lower our costs to preserve jobs.

I can't see how the CC can use any comparison with the pilots just because they 'work' in the same 'space'. Why the constant comparison?. They should be compared with other staff groups within the airline.

From what I know it would appear that the pilots used a mature approach to their negotiations with the company. This approach is sadly lacking with BASSA!

Senior CC have long enjoyed a 'ringfencing' of their terms and conditions. Way above the market rate. T & Cs that every other dept in BA has seen adjusted over the last number of years.

Some BA groundstaff are working their t£ts off at present due to staff reductions.

I would expect BASSA (busted flush) to be sidelined as BA talk to Unite national officials with ACAS present.

But then again, what do I know, I'm just one of the 27000 staff who aren't CC/FD.

Could have gone on but I'm up for work in the morning and the wine bottle's empty!! (Non crew purchase)