PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Jul 2009, 13:54
Tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think both sides are as bad as each other to be honest. BASSA and BA. BA started this off with a sheet of A4 left on a photocopier (allegedly) and all hell breaks out.

PR side of things with BA and WW with working for free becomes a fast growing joke, and as BA trumpets how xyz number are working for free, EF cabin crew are offered overtime!

The goal posts keep moving and to be honest not sure what to think as I`m not overly keen on BASSA`s idea for EF doing some WW flights. Then again BA`s solutions is slightly more palatable but the flexible roster and 9 days off not great. Hopefully a combination of the 2 will come about with ACAS. The problem is different contracts.. bidders will loose a day off but 6 and 3 work pattern don`t. Most new contract types are bidders.
BA hasn`t given any figures and so how do you make any decision is impossible.
I`m not sure a strike will help anything to be honest, and is it not possible to be taken back on after striking on the new contract type?

One thing, and you do have to laugh, BA has managed to unite the 2 cabin crew unions at last and there is very little bitterness between the two.

I`m not sure why so many cabin crew are keen on the pilots deal. Shares? erm they go up and they go down, and sometimes you can loose all of them. Like my 500 free Bradford Bingley ones. Worthless.

The bigger issue is the pension with it being billions in deficit; wonder if those shares are sweetners just incase the final salary pension is closed to those already in it?

BASSA is hard faced and bullish and has had to be at times. Whether they are right or wrong time will tell. Of course a few pilots and possibly others in the company do know how to pull the strings on cabin crew and BASSA and sometimes that doesn`t help; although you do get a reaction and possibly some kick from it.