PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 5th Jul 2009, 06:41
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

Flaps,

What, a 3% pay cut, for shares in 3 years time? I'm sure they would vote yes for that.
And here is where many of us and our union are just being childish.

I obtained a copy of and read the pilots' agreement thoroughly. The figures may be slightly inaccurate as the cuts were made across basic pay and allowances but generally amounted to a pay cut of about 4.4%. They took a 20% cut in part of their allowances and I reckon that probably equates to 10%-15% cut in total allowances - depending on the type of work rostered. The share options are optional and dependent on some quite substantial profits in the coming years. Share options and employee interest in their company are widely encouraged in good business models such as John Lewis.

The pilots also agreed to work harder with increases in yearly flying hours.

So, BASSA are winding us all up and comparing BA's wishlist (which genuine negotiation would have diluted) to the best bits of the pilots deal. It achieves nothing and we'll just end up with imposition. I'm sick of them!

I cannot believe that WW has no trick up his sleeve in dealing with our militant members. I predict another pasting and I'll be far worse off because of it.