PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beware of thieves at screening points
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 22:34
Tempo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recently went through security the western security point at Sydney Domestic (I use this one because it's always quiet). As a matter of course, I just threw everything in my pockets into the blue trays. This included my new 1 day old set of oakley sunglasses. To cut a long story short, I realised I had left my sunglasses at security as I was walking down the aerobridge (about 3 min later). I raced back and was told they were not there. This was a weekend morning departure, there was nobody around so I found it hard to believe that a passenger has stolen my glasses. Essentially, security had pocketed them as soon as I walked away. I was absolutely furious. I essentially accused them of theft and all they kept saying was "ring the main security office on monday morning...maybe someone will hand them in". Of course.....they never were. I wished I had done what you had and actually chased down the CCTV footage. Anyway, beware, Security Officers...protecting your possessions for their eventual possession.