PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 21:47
G-AWZK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have been told - as have other bases - that the base will be closed to stop the spread of unions...etc. If Ryanair were to close all the UK bases, Balpa having recognition will effectively be rendered useless so I guess this is why MOL will do it.
That is unbelievable

I knew that Ryanair were lacking in morals, but this is beyond the pale. You are correct that PPRuNe will never change the juggernaut that is Ryanair management, but they are obviously terrified of union recognition. Ever stopped to wonder why?

The problem is other companies will be watching to see if they get off with this, and if they do you can be sure that other companies will follow suit.

Your management has already worked hard on the divide and conquer tactics, but don't you think that it is a rather odd company that threatens to close profitable bases just because the workforce asks for a legal right?

The problem I can see is that if Ryanair are allowed to do this then it has ramifications throughout the European aviation industry. Think outside the box, guys.