PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 4th Jul 2009, 18:39
Nutjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you happy and prepared to accept the BA proposals in their entirety?
No, which is why I would have liked my union to act responsibly and broker a deal that suited the desires of it's membership better. Have I been asked whether I'd rather sacrifice pay or work harder? No, not a thing. Just rants against WW, sour grapes vs the pilots and almost no facts. A miserable performance imho.

Have BA provided you with all the information you require on the financial impact of the changes to your salary?
No - aren't my union meant to go over those details with a fine tooth comb? Aren't many of these financial details quite confidential and only for the eyes of a few trusted individuals - i.e our reps?

Is your decision truely informed?
Well, I believe my decision is FAR better informed than that of those that swallow the childish BASSA line. What annoys me is that if BASSA actually accepted the need for some change and negotiated it on their terms, then we'd all be better off. As it is, I can only see us taking a huge beating, with Unite selling us out again. At least I have listened to the views of others, considered them all and made an informed decision. I'm comfortable that I've done the best I can.

And all of that means that while I accept the need for some change but not for all of BA's demands, I fear I will have no choice but to accept what BA eventually impose. I don't think that will be too pleasant.

Last edited by Nutjob; 4th Jul 2009 at 18:41. Reason: spelling - as usual