PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 17:30
Iainf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Shorthaul

I have recently completed 4 sectors travelling from Edinburgh- Malaga via Heathrow, and return, all in ET. I must say I was completely satisfied with every aspect of my journey, perhaps with the exception of cajun chicken sandwiches at 8am on our outbound Malaga sector. It is breakfast time BA!
Our EDI-LHR sector was operated by a 9 day old Airbus A320 and a fantastic crew. Our LHR-AGP sector was operated by a 12 year old 757, inside it has seen better days, but from the outside, nothing wrong. Why spend money upgrading the interior of aircraft due to be grounded. And after all, it's a classic airliner, and it will be missed by both passengers and crew. Again the crews were superb, nothing at all was any trouble.
Inbound LHR was operated by a 6 month old A320, clean, comfortable, and yes, yet again, an attentitive, and extremely professional crew (no I don't work for BA, praise where praise is due). Same cajun sandwiches though.
The final sector, operated by a 1 year old A321, was the cream of the crop (minus those cajun sandwiches) The crew were an absolute tribute to BA, completely relaxed, not at all snooty, but still completely professional. These guys are what make us continue our loyalty to BA, and hope that whatever happens, they get through the current climate reasonably unscathed. I guess thats down to them up top, but to the guys at the core, thank you so much for over 24 years of happy (well mostly) flying, and keep up the fantastic work. So, to those who say that BA don't give a monkey about their shorthaul product, it's not all true. Ive flown CE and ET and agree that something does need to change in the CE cabin, the service and peace of mind that you simply do not have with LCC's, I believe, is what makes it worthwhile, and in some cases, a more competitive ticket!