PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 16:15
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get it and of course employees must play by company rules, as pilots, we always ( mostly) observe the rules! The general point I was making was this:

there may come a day in the near future whereby you will NOT be happy with conditions imposed on you....lets say your 1 month off becomes 2...or maybe 3...and as is the case with some, not all, the current months off are very close to consecutive...followed by too many standbys ( see large bases with line training periods) and now the way of life you have is no longer very manageable, and you are forced to find bar work for 2 months ( actually happening in current climate). Will you then just say, Ah well thems are the rule, better start knocking on doors....and we all know how difficult that is!
If that is so, all the best...but I can't EVER see FR and the way they operate say, you know what, we have loads of money, lets reward our hard working staff! As long as money can be saved/gained by squeezing the workforce, and continuelly moving the goal post, it WILL continue as long as everyone accepts it.
IT IS MY GENERAL VIEW, and I fully admit I may be mistaken, as I am only observing this..but it kinda looks that way to me. I SINCERELY hope that any reduction in hours/pay/condition are based on current economics and making sure that these conditions are imposed solely for the benefit of all and the continued success of FR.....but I really don't think that management has yours or any other employees best interest at heart!