PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 15:59
CommandB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The majority of us were completely happy with the job before this Balpa stuff started. Obviously there are always, in any job, going to be 1 or 2 people who dislike the way the place is run. However, as in any previous jobs I have had, those people have walked away and found other jobs which they prefer. Seems to me like thats what you do if you dislike something....? So the question remains why dont people do exactly that?

Also, in any job, if you dont do what the company wants - you are disciplined, so to speak. This is the way it works. If an EZY pilot disregards the company rules, he will be taken for tea and biscuits. Same at BA, same at FR. So yes, the reprisals from Ryanair are somewhere up there on my list of why I dont want recognition. But it goes ALOT further than that and of course it is not totally based on what RYR have said.

To put it bluntly -
Balpa in Ryanair = job losses for 1000's of people.
Id prefer to keep mine.

"but you will never be in a position to fight your corner" -> As i said at the start - the majority of us are happy with what we have and we certainly dont want Balpa "negotiating" redundancies for us like they have done so well for other airlines.