PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 11:10
bermudatriangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carnage,i am never one to duck the issue.My belief is that BA can absorb huge fines for price fixing,£300 million if my memory is correct,the gulf war,with it's massive downturn is passengers,september 11th and it's well documented legacy.The current recession will end,when is anyones guess.The savings BA want from its cabin crew and groundstaff pale into insignificance with the huge ammounts the aforementioned events cost the airline.Reducing staff salaries will not save the airline or bancrupt it,however the ammounts involved are not insignificant.
I do feel and i reiterate this point,that their is a definite current agenda to decimate working conditions for staff that have been enjoyed for many years.As a worker myself,i would rather see less well rewarded employees aspire to achieve more themselves,rather than rejoice at the prospect of seeing other workers having their pay and conditions eroded.