PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 10:37
bermudatriangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There seems to be no end to BASSA bashing on this forum,from non-cabin crew.I believe the union are doing their utmost to preserve their members pay and conditions,after all,that is why employees pay their subscriptions.
The arguements over BA's long term survival and desperate need to decimate the remuneration of it's cabin crew and groundstaff is open to debate.My personal view,is that the economy will recover,oil prices will remain stable and BA will return to profitability.But who am i to speculate,if i was that wise i would be a very wealthy individual by now.
I have no doubt that the BA leadership are hell bent on forcing permanent cost savings through,during this window of opportunity,as world economies are in recession.Equally,i admire the efforts of the trade unions to get the best possible outcome for their members.
The 2 sides seem to be oceans apart in coming to agreement,the union making some concessions and BA management stating the company is in a fight for survival and at the same time,expecting AA and Iberia to join the supposed "sinking ship".
Very mixed messages and i do not blame the unions for their lack of trust in any figures quoted at them by the company.
As in all negotiations,it's a game of poker,will be very interesting to see who can keep their nerve during these difficult weeks ahead.