PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newport Engineering and Qantas
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 09:16
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will engineers learn, that its the year 2009! not 1989.. there is no such thing as staff loyalty.. get over it.. ex QF,ex Boing, ex RAAF, ex NAVY, ex Hawker, ex Ansett, ex Air NZ, ex BAE, ex Tennix, ex Sikorsky, ex Raytheon, ex Aerocare, the list goes on... i have worked for most of them, and beside staff who have worked for those listed above.
Who cares where their from! i don't care who i work for, who works for them.. as long as i get paid fair $$ for a fair days work..

after leaving QF 10 yrs ago, i quickly learned just how much QF is a Very sheltered workshop. not to mention the AMEs and other technical staff are Very underpaid. wonder if it has anything to do with the US Vs Them culture fostered within QF and the unions?

The only advantage to working for QF is the increased apparent Job security. oh and staff travel..... i would rather the extra $25K pa with BAE as an AME over staff travel any day.

sad thing is, in the aircraft maint industry, outside the red rat, QF staff are not highly regarded. sometimes the truth hurts, QF staff at other companies i have worked for never last long before being encouraged to "move on"

If QF offered a decent $$ i would be back there tomorrow, if i dont like it, i will move on... most inside the rat simply dont have the Balls to step out from under the blanket.