PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 07:42
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The membership of BASSA are absolutely incandescent.
A somewhat sweeping statement one feels.

The CC I have just chatted to over the past 5 days are indeed incandescent. However they are incandescent at the total lack of information being given to them about a situation that will have a huge affect on their jobs and lifestyle.

If I am being truly honest then about 1 in 50 CC are real, heavy BASSA supporters. The rest are concerned primarily for their jobs and their futures and THEY, not me or my interpretation but THEY are concerned at the mess BASSA have left them in.

If it does come to a ballot then I feel that BASSA may well get a shock when their 1500 massive turnout at Kempton Park from 14000 becomes a much smaller voting minority and most of the clear thinking CC walk away from BASSA. In these tough times the quieter CC are thinking it will be better to be new contract than no contract.

BASSA have left it all too late and are now throwing their toys out of the cot because they failed to reach an agreement by the deadline.

Don't forget in the pay statistics that 25% of the top crew take 60% of the wage bill.