PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2009, 07:35
the_stranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ bonglebear

I am not commenting about whether you or anybody should vote for or against BALPA, since I do not work for RYR, nor have anything to do with it. However, I am highly amazed how anybody can defend/rationalize sacking a employee for merely discussing joining a union (cabin or cockpit).
We are not talking about plans to kill MOL, sabotage airplanes or spy on company secrets, we are talking about discussing basic employee rights, the right to form a union.

I am sure anybody agrees that merely talking about it should not be a reason to dismiss anybody, but how on earth can it be his own fault then?
Is RYR allready the 1984 equivalent where merely speaking your mind gets you teminated (or at least your contract?). What's next, anybody heard complaining about a long working day gets sacked? Complaining about a stale (bought) sandwich gets dismissed? It is not his fault, it is the fault of the responsible manager who got him fired and therefore the company...
I do agree that it might not have been the smartest thing to do in a company like RYR, but landing on Omaha beach wasn't either. And was it your own fault if you got shot there?

Again, I do not work for RYR, nor fly with them or have close friends who do any of those two, but I am appalled that this 19th century practice is still in use and that there are people who, with a crazy logic, do condone it..