PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 22:19
BongleBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grim repa

bongle bear - "if balpa recognition costs 1 job,in your estimation the cost is too high".what about the captain fired in stn last week by ryanair union busting management for talking about a union.does that same logic apply?is that job loss equally of value,or was it all balpas fault for getting him fired.
It was his own fault, not BALPAs or Ryanairs. He knew the risks he was taking by discussing this during working hours. I'm not saying I agree with his dismissal, but it is his own fault.

pilots of ema beware slim and his missus abusing the sky are about to open a can of union busting whoop ass on you.they assume you have no brains of your own and that they should do your thinking for you.
I disagree. I fly with "slim and his missus" quite often and I know their intentions. He has made it quite clear that he will not be chasing certain promotions within the companies training department due to license restrictions.

What Slim, in my opinion, is trying to do is point out that hardly anyone wants BALPA anywhere near EMA or EMT, therefore not even letting it get to the point where the 10% of BALPA members could push this vote through.

It would now appear that BALPA don't want to listen to this, as they have made clear in email responses.

Terry - or your stand in; because you're on your holidays (perfect timing, just like your whole campaign) - there have been over 93% of EMA and EMT based pilots saying they don't want BALPA - the other 7% didn't even say yes, those were abstain votes.

Please don't persue this at our base, through Captain L*****s work it has been made clear that as a base you're not wanted.

What are you going to do if I lose my job because you force your way in?