PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 20:43
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TSR2
Jet2 Holiday customers are allowed 1 FREE bag so no additional charges for baggage, seat selection or check-in fee. Notice I use the word additional. The cost of these services will probably be built into the holiday price.
Yes I can see how that would work with Jet2 Holidays. However I can see a problem if people book through say - On The Beach" who build a package for you.

They use low cost airlines like Jet2, so what if they or others don't write in the cost of an airport check in?.

This is when I tried to book for one person on 27th July to Alicante for one person

With On The Beach.

Flight Out
Date: 27 Jul 2009
Departs Blackpool at 09:15
Arrives Alicante at 13:00
Reference: LS739

Flight Back
Date: 3 Aug 2009
Departs Alicante at 13:40
Arrives Blackpool at 15:30
Reference: LS740 1 Adults x £296.00
Flight price includes
flight seat,
passenger duty,
fuel supplement
and ticket on departure/delivery fee
Flights Total: £296.00

With Jet2

Running Total All Passengers

Base Fare£219.98
Taxes£34.00
Bags£19.98
Check-in fee£12.00
Total:£285.96

What I am getting at is if the total for On The Beach does not include the £12 airport check in fee, then will that be asked for at the airport.

Secondly - With On The Beach it is impossible to check in online, so the cheaper option never applies if booking through travel agents (you have to book in online yourself and make the necessary declarations.

So it seems it is an ill thought out charge, as booking not online with Jet2, probably means you never get an option for the cheaper £6 check in on line charge.