PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR thoughts
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 14:07
Night_fr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repa
I have read your post on here carefully, and find you a committed BALPA member, for which I applaud your fortitude.
BUT
You are so convinced in the right of your cause that you have lost sight of the big picture, and whose lives you will be seriously effecting.
Every person who does not agree with you is labled a management stooge, but I can see here that we are takling real people, something you are not prepared to accept.
When your self interest effects the lives / jobs of your colleagues, that is the time when you should step back and re-evaluate your goals.
The job market is so poor at the moment and will be for at least a year, and there are many pilots willing to take your jobs.
Should you wish to put your job and many others at risk for little or no positive return then I think at your next medical you should tell the doctor that you have a mental disorder.
You may think that calling the bluff of RYR will result in you and the BALPA members winning the day, I am sorry to say that from the outside looking in that you do not have a hope in winning, and you will be responsible for loosing jobs.
Like Day_Dreamer stated the Loss of even one job is too high a price to pay.
You have not looked into what would happen to the hundreds of lives which would be touched by one base closure, only looking at "ME" factor !!!
Its time to consider the "US" side including Famillies, Pilots, Engineers, Cabin Crew and Ground Staff.