PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAW25, departed and left some...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 10:53
Kinetika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC and Student 88

You both make valid points and perhaps Rainboe, Myself and Others were a touch hard on the lad. Have a look through young H.A's thread postings though...

In more than one thread he seems to be trying to come across as an industry professional, a glance at the age indicator dispels that myth. In several others, he openly discusses his 'spotter' like behaviour. Not a problem, if i could have a scanner and one of the pocket transponder decoders where i live without being banged up for 30,000,000 years of hard labour i would.

Where the boy falls over is that he is trying, in many forums, from Virtual Airlines in the Flight Sim world, to Flight Sim add-on manufacturers, to this forum here, all the way through many others like this to be a different person in each.

I would imagine that many here, myself included (for i am a boring spotter / Flight Sim Addict / Computer Geek / Failed Pilot / Wannabe Heavy driver, whatever you wanna label me with) have become extremely fed-up with seeing this kid try and be so many things to so many people that it seems he suffers from some massive split personality disorder... I wouldn't be surprised to see him capitalise on that suggestion next - He was after all going to iminently top himself in a post on a Flight Sim add-on's manufacturers forum with a goodbye cruel world post.

He's an attention seeker, who thrives on starting precisely this type of argument. Albeit, it would seem entirely inadvertently.

I'm sure it's all a part of growing up, but a few hard knocks might help this boy decide which of the many personas he presents is actually him.

True, if we don't like it, we could all shut up, but what of all the great threads in all the great forums in all the world that have been killed because of H.A and others like him, who jump in and knacker it with a stupid, often pointless comment, which, had a millisecond's thought gone into anything before hitting the 'submit post' button, would probably still be getting dragged on with some lively and interesting discussion? Do we just sit back and say 'oh well, another kid butting into the convo - next thread'?

*Gets down off soapbox*

*Gets back onto soapbox*

I don't claim to know everything about everything, but i do like to think every now and again, and at least proof read a post. The art of communicating in written English is dying on its posteria, and if H.A is an example of the future of Aviation. I'll book the cruise now....

*let the flame war commence*

K