PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too old - Aussie focus
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2009, 01:18
The_Pharoah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi all

thanks again for the responses. I've been in two minds for a while, hence my post here. Unfortunately there really aren't too many people I can talk to this about if you get my meaning, and I know there would be guys in a similar boat as me. I just cracked the $160k mark at work (isn't that like B763 Capt pay?) at 32 so I'm definitely destined for financial greatness but there's nothing worse than getting up every morning to a job you hate (even if you're good at it). So thats the toss up:

1. hate job + lotsa money

or

2. love job + no money!

hell, I would give anything to fly Dash8s for Qlink. Sure its not quite a shiny new Airbus or Boeing but I guess I'd rather retire/die knowing I enjoyed my working life than to get to 65 wishing I had done something else.

I do have 2 kids and the FULL support of the Mrs (which I'm eternally thankful for) but yes I understand the risks and the hardship involved, esp in the beginning. *sigh* I'll probably look back at this point in maybe 10 years time and think A. I made the right decision or B. I made the wrong decision.