PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 22:14
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BHXRWY33
BHX charges

I for one am finding this BHX bashing tedious.

Any one of you enlightened types, who want everything for nothing, care to enlighten me on the back of a fag packet how the airport is ever going to raise funds for its planned large capital projects, including the runway extension?

I appreciate that the £1s from the trolleys won't go far, but its a start. Times are tight and the airport must maximise its revenue by any means possible.

We are still in a deep recession and so the actions BHX and others take may not be the ones they would choose in happier times. Only today we have seen a leading rail route effectively nationalised. The operator wanted the big profits, but baulked at the reality.

Somehow, I don't think a knight in shining armour will rescue any BHX projects. It is up to the owners, and management to be prudent in any financial dealings they are involved in.
This is the Birmingham airport thread....So you'll have to put up with a bit of BHX bashing as you put it. Unless of course you do something wonderful, then you'll get praise for it...
Not nice to see how your decisions are received is it? Us enlightened types are perfectly entitled to view it as bad Customer Service. As you acknowledge the few quid will not go far....Treat the customers right and that will go further...
Will they give free trolleys after the recession?? No way,

"the airport must maximise its revenue by any means possible".....Well that gives you lots of scope then.....How about charging to use the escalator instead of the stairs? Lets car boot all the stuff security are confiscating...

I know that CS has gone west in the UK in general. It's a shame that aviation is sinking to the lowest common denominator.
I've no doubt others will follow and start charging for trolleys, however, that does not make it something to be proud of.....