PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 1st Jul 2009, 09:57
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not interested in Pilots pay or T&Cs. But the argument raises its head every time a Pilot compares their own situation with Cabin Crew. I.e. 'Our T&Cs are x,y,z so we shouldn't have to do a,b,c.'

They have always been different jobs and at different times have had different opportunities. I keep reading comments from Pilots telling Cabin Crew not to compare T&Cs. Agree. So, if there is no comparrison for new T&Cs, why should there have been a retro-comparrison of old T&Cs.

I will not accept, from anyone who isn't Cabin Crew, how I should be renumerated and how I should operate. I don't tell Pilots, Engineers or Ground Staff how much they are worth or how to do their jobs. Necks out.

Or, is the problem that Walsh has linked everybodies agreements together. Does this failure mean that other agreements will nolonger be ratified. Has Walsh deliberately created a split, a blame culture. I believe he has. It is easy to offer £13million of shares and drop new fleet when the leadership have no intention of offering these conessions. But the blame will not, on the surface, lie with management, no, it will now lie with the Cabin Crew.

I've said before and I increasingly maintain. Walsh has no desire for talks to succeed. Read the latest news item on BA's ESS site.

ACAS called in as talks end without agreement

It has not proved possible to conclude an agreement with the trade unions on the pay and productivity discussions by the deadline of June 30.

British Airways has therefore asked the conciliation service ACAS to facilitate any future meetings they may have.

Curt. And highlights the leadership attitude. May?