PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any tips on Flying EGSF to EDHS
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2009, 05:05
Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Sand,

EHTX is a fabulous little spot. I've always enjoyed the warmest of welcomes there, even with a less than standard arrival I've never refuelled there but I would imagine it's not very different from most dutch fields and, consequently, could make your eyes water a bit !!

As far as taking the loptop along, it might come in handy, possibly, but I doubt it'll be worth it. As stated earlier by Fuji, it's a relatively short trip. You'll have access to wx briefing before departure. I'm assuming you probably won't take on the trip in the Bulldog with highly volatile wx so there should be few significant changes from forecast in the timespan of the trip. Once you hit the continent, there are a plethora of fields with ATIS with which you can track developements. Even more should you need somewhere to put down in a hurry. Add to that the service provided by the various ATS units (an RIS or better in old money) and you should be well covered.

For the return trip wherever you stay; family, friends or hotel will no doubt have internet acces. Backpacker's suggestions will tick all the boxes for you. Add to that Aviation Weather >> Europe > metar taf sigmet notam winds aloft significant weather information which has served me well for the past number of years. A sort of one stop shop if you like.