PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Tests and Proficiency Checks - Astonishing new paperwork......
Old 22nd May 2002, 15:48
GT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle,

Some time ago I applied for and got my letter from Gatwick saying that I could go on the examiner's course. However, after seeing the paperwork involved in examining I had second thoughts about going ahead and eventually decided not to bother. The paperwork outlined in your post is just beyond belief. What on Earth can be the rationale behind it?

On a similar vein, I'm baffled by the course commencement and course completion certificates that I have to do for the MEP (Land) Class rating. They're just bits of paper for the sake of it, as far as I can see. They don't seem to serve any useful function at all. Then there is the application form, upon which I'm supposed to initial and date every part of the syllabus. Don't they trust us to do our job properly without filling in endless bits of paper which serve little or no purpose? The answer, presumably, is that they don't!

Best of luck with the examining, BEagle, but I think I'll stick to instructing; it seems marginally less fraught.

Regards, GT.