PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA No Guarantee
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 09:25
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd just like to suggest, tread carefully.

The Rudd govt in their wisdom, -stick your hands up any of you that voted them in- have abolished the EBA's as of July 1.

There was a suggestion that a new bargaining arrangement might be in place, but what is for sure is that the awards system which was always (despite vast propaganda to the contary at the last election) the security net under the old EBA is still there and is being rationalised with vigour.

That is the numbers of awards are being reduced drstically. This has left the hospitality trade still spitting chips, with the dep PM supposedly being asked for her imperial ideas, and also the horticultural industry is left stranded.

I have not studied the pilots awards. Hopefully we won't all be working for ab-initio fixed wing rates, that is why I say take care.

Don't forget also, you labor voters, that your taxes have propped up our ailing car industry to the tune of $50,000.00 per worker in Rudd handout, all because the car industry didn't start planning for supreme efficiency well before Fannie Mae went fanny up and now they have their bleeding hands right out.

If I worked off shore I'd pick it up in US dollars, OFF SHORE.

At the end of the day votes don't count for nought when there is no loot to go around. Or I should say, the legislation has all of a sudden gone pear shaped against your direction. be careful.

Mind you i've yet to see any of our off shore exploration companies doing it tough. Oil and Gas is big down under, and getting bigger by the day.
cheers tet

Last edited by topendtorque; 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:49.